Friday, March 28, 2008

Jobs, Ears and Dogs Oh My

Instead of making a thousand posts, I will make one big one with all the news and events in it.

The first thing, is my wonderful wife surprised me today with something I will never forget. Lets just say there is a new addition to the family! I was pleasantly surprised! I have mentioned I wanted one for a long time, even before Olivia was born, and today I got it. Yep, at about 5 today she got home, and took me to one of her coworkers homes near here with our daughter. I got out of the car and walked around back to see a little 8 week old Beagle puppy. Kelly said "he is going home with us!" I was shocked, still am actually. His name is Meeko (after the Raccoon in Pocahontas - Beagles are coon dogs, lol). He is a sweet dog, and he loves his home. The quick and dirty story was someone threw him out on the side of a major highway here, complete with a house, dog food, toys, blanket, towel and other items. They literally threw this dog away, which was sad! I am thrilled that we were able to save a life today. Olivia loves him, but we need to teach him about babies, in a very safe environment - I have always had a fear of my child getting bit in the face by a dog, so we will be extra careful!!

I got a new job the other day as well. You can call this a career if you want to. I was hired on as a team lead (supervisor). They want me to get my 2 year degree and within 2 years, run the store. The store manager salary is amazing. So there ya go. Got a great job for once in my life.

The last thing, is I have a ruptured eardrum in my right ear. Nothing like waking up in the morning looking like you got murdered! Blood everywhere. Kelly confirmed it, and after cleaning myself up, looks like I have a few weeks to wait until I can really hear again out of that ear.

So there ya go. My news.

No comments: