Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving 2006

What a wonderful day today was. It started out early with the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade on the television. My wife and I sat around in our PJ's and watched bits of it for an hour or so until we really woke up. She had been up since 7AM though, working on the turkey, and the house was smellin real good by 9AM. So about this time I remembered to hang the Christmas lights outside on the house! So I trotted outside, ladder in hand, and begun my yearly Christmas light hanging. It was very interesting though, with these steep roofs here! I get nervous every single time I am up there. So anyway, the lights went up without a hitch, or a fall from the roof. Kelly's family came over for a glorious Thanksgiving day dinner, and the house was full of laughter and photo opportunities. Yep, even though I am off work for the day I still have the urge to snap some photos. Call me obsessed! When everyone left, I started a new Thanksgiving day ritual - "light the house!" Just like they light the tree in Atlanta at Macys, well we will light the lights on the roof as soon as it gets dark on thanksgiving, from now on. Kinda neat to start a tradition! Anyway, other than that, and being tired, thats about all that happened today. It was a beautiful day.

No comments: