Friday, January 18, 2008

Snow In Georgia

As everyone across the country knows by now, we got a whole inch the other day. It was beautiful to me, since I have not seen the white stuff since I left Colorado back in February 2004 (it snowed two feet that night, and it was hell leaving the next day). No, this was not two feet, but it was just as pretty, and just as thrilling. Living in Georgia, we don't see it that much, so when it does come around, people walk outside in amazement, the news runs emergency storm coverage all night complete with a radar loop at the bottom right of your television screen. But in the few hours it snowed here, I was a kid again (image at left was taken during the height of the snow, the blizzard moment, lol)! Its amazing what one little inch can do to someone who loves snow as much as I do. I don't know why I love it, I just do. Growing up in it, it always reminded me of the changing seasons, the holidays, and the new year. Its a comfort thing I guess. As I sit here, and watch the weather yet again, they are predicting 1-3 inches tonight and tomorrow. That will be wonderful. I am surprised the convenience stores still have food on the shelves. I think it is great how people down here are in awe at the snow. Where I grew up, it was often heard "awwww man, we are gonna get another foot tonight? Geeeez." I love my home state, especially when the ground turns white if only for a few hours with the lumpy rain.

No comments: