Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Doctor Visit 6 (High Risk)


Today was an absolutely wonderful day in the doctors office. Besides the hour and a half wait! We had an appointment at 3:30 and finally got back there at almost 6. But its all good, they are the best high risk pregnancy doctors in Georgia, explains the busy day!

Well we went to the ultrasound room. Spent about a good half hour looking at the baby! Watching it move and dance. Kick its feet, and wave at us. It was truly amazing. The ultrasound tech wanted to get a better picture of the neck development, and our baby was not cooperating! It was feisty. What a sight! Finally, she got a good picture, and was able to measure everything, and it looks perfect! Its getting big!! We find out what it is next week!!

After the wonderful ultrasounds, the real fun began. Sarcasm! They had Kelly give some blood via a finger stick to check the baby for different mental problems/down syndrome, etc. That was an experience! She wouldnt bleed for a long time, so they had to stick her twice. My wife has the best attitude in this! She didnt complain once. Anyway, we get the results back soon. And I am a nervous wreck waiting for those results. And everytime I go into the ultrasound room, I am a nervous wreck. I am always expecting something to be wrong, but thankfully everything turns out okay! I guess thats just the father part of me I have never had the chance to experience! I want a healthy happy baby, as anyone does!

We go back to the high risk doctors in eight weeks. They said to bring a VHS tape, so they can tape the ultrasound. Thats the big one, they measure every organ, finger, toe. Everything!! We have an appointment next week with the regular doctor, so I will post on that one the minute I arrive home!
---
This Visits Stats:
Age - 11W 5D today
Size - 5cm
Heartbeat - 168bpm
Weight - about the weight of a quarter
Wanna see more pictures? Click here

No comments: