Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

I had one of the best Easter weekends this year! Kelly and I traveled down to Newnan, and spent half the day with some of her family. On the way to her familys house, we stopped to pay our respects to her grandmother, Grand Nanny. It was a tough one, because she has not been gone long, and its all still sinking in. After that, we arrived at the house. I met everyone, and she met some people for the first time as well! We had a nice lunch, and I took tons of pictures of people whom I have never met, but it was great! Kelly held every infant at the event, which was wonderful, it was nice seeing her hold a child, and for a moment, forget all her worries. Maybe one day she can hold her own child in her arms till it goes to sleep. After we spent a few hours there, we went to pay respects to my grandmother Margie. She left us in 1990 of cancer, and I have not been to see her since 1993 or so. It was very bittersweet, but I was saddened not to see any flowers or anything on her headstone. I told her "I am home Margie, finally" and we slowly left the cemetery. After that we went to my grandmothers house, Nanny, and we spent a few hours there talking and Kelly was answering all of the medical questions, its great! My grandmother calls my wife HER nurse, lol. I am fortunate to be married to a nurse. I love it! Anyway, we left there in the evening, came home. Went to my mothers house. She bought a Japanese Maple for us, which I love! We went out to eat, and came home and went to bed! We were exhausted, but it was a wonderful Easter Sunday.

No comments: